[GRASS-dev] grass-addons git repo clean-up

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun May 19 08:05:39 PDT 2019

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 8:50 AM Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ne 19. 5. 2019 v 11:52 odesílatel Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
> napsal:
> > > * tools/ content could be moved to a new git repo,
> > > `grass-maintenance-tools` (any idea for better name).
>
> another option is to keep tools in `grass-addons` repo, just to move
> them into separated branch. In summary, list of branches:

I think tools should be in grass (/tools) or in maintenance.

> * grass7 (content of grass7/* dir) <-- default
> * grass6 (content of grass6/* dir)

This makes sense as branches. No master seems to make sense here if we
continue managing addons the same way.

> * tools (content of tools/* dir)

Not a branch. See above.

> Than content of branches will be different which is not probably a
> perfect approach. On the other hand we will minimize number of git
> repo.

The maintenance repo makes sense to me unless there is a strong reason to
put everything into the main repo.