[GRASS-dev] git merge mess on master

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue May 21 17:41:08 PDT 2019

The commit "Merge pull request #14 from neteler/master" [1] is from master
branch, not from dedicated branch as specified in HowToGit. I don't know
for sure, but I think will get messy now when you will try to make more
changes.

1) There is probably a smart way to resolve it. Something along the lines
of what Bas suggested to the situation before but you can also backup diffs
for all you changes (if any), delete fork and delete your local clone and
start over.

2) Follow the guidelines (you wrote :-)

3) When in doubt, use the trick of Git rookies: Have your work/repo also in
a separate directory on the side before executing Git commands (no shame in
that).

4) Note that randomly generated Git man pages are so close to real ones
that they actually need to explicitly say that it is not a real
documentation [2].

Vaclav

[1]
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/commit/2ff8d1e762d646dd8be82b8da483d12c2a772c26