[GRASS-dev] grass-addons on github

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri May 24 07:25:18 PDT 2019

Hi,

Collecting addons in a central repo seems very valuable to me too, for all the reasons Vacslav mentioned.

I am no git expert either, but PRs should not be a big issue to do (unless you are VERY productive). People could merge their own PRs, no? Creating a PR, does not mean it has to be reviewed by another dev, right? In my organization colleagues even usr PRs for repos where they are the only contributor...

I would argue having procedures as equal as possible between addons and core is just beneficial. Less confusion, fewer guidelines to maimtain, possibility to have CI before things are merged, and training for new devs that evolve from addon-dev to core-dev...

Cheers
Stefan