[GRASS-dev] what use are the mysites and point maps in the demolocation ?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Aug 4 06:24:35 PDT 2020

Hello,

In the context of the complete revamping of the GRASS GIS GUI startup,
the idea is to use the existing demolocation as a possible basis for a
direct entry into GRASS GIS without going through complicated location
setup (which will then be offered through the data catalog). In that
context, I was wondering whether the mysites and point maps in that
demolocation are used by anything. I cannot find any in the code. Would
there be any opposition to removing them and only leaving the country
borders ?

Moritz