[GRASS-dev] New GUI Startup Presentation and Feedback

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:40:02 PDT 2020

Dear users and devs,

I'm delighted to inform you that we completed an important phase in a
revamp of the GRASS GIS startup workflow using GUI. Special thanks goes to
Linda Kladivova who worked on this in her GSoC project this summer.

The changes to the startup workflow are significant - probably the biggest
since the introduction of the Tcl/Tk GUI (!), definitely since GRASS GIS
6.4 - so you don't want to miss these news.

Please join us on Monday, August 31, at 18:00 UTC, for a video call where
Linda and the GSoC mentors will present the updates and everybody will have
an opportunity to give feedback on what was done and what should be done in
the future.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20200831T180000&p1=1440&p2=204&p3=195&p4=51&p5=179&p6=248&p7=176

You are especially welcome to join us if you did not participate in the
previous calls as Linda will explain all the recent changes and newly added
features.

The call is open to anybody on grass-user or grass-dev. Note that we will
create a private recording of the meeting for the purpose of Linda's master
thesis.

I will share a Zoom link here right before the call.

Best,
Vaclav

PS: If you are answering this email, I cross posted it to both user and dev
mailing lists, so you may want to take care to reply to just one mailing
list. You can contact me privately too if you have any questions or
concerns.

Resources:

Notes from the previous calls:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/New_Startup#NewGUIstartupvideocallMay142020