[GRASS-dev] g.extension problem on Windows

Robert Lagacé robert.lagace.qc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:27:04 PST 2020

The Windows server is fonctionning for Windows extension.

I asked to one of my students to install extension r.stream.basins and
r.stream.distance on their computer (last version of Grass).

Installing "r.stream.basins" went OK but he received the following
message when installing "r.stream.distance" :

Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons <r.stream.distance>...

Updating extensions metadata file...
Updating extension modules metadata file...
WARNING: No metadata available for module 'r.stream.distanc'.
ERROR: Unable to read manual page: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'C:\\Users\\math1\\AppData\\Roaming\\GRASS7\\addons\\docs\\html\\r.stream.distanc.html'

(Tue Dec  1 11:30:18 2020) La commande s'est terminée (2 sec)

It seems that the extension name was truncated.

My student did not say if the module was still installed.

Thanks

--
Robert Lagacé, ing., agr., prof.titulaire