[GRASS-dev] New addons: i.landsat.download and i.landsat.import

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 14:21:21 PST 2020

Dear GRASS devs,

As mentioned in an earlier email, I've been working on developing tools to
search, download and import Landsat data into GRASS GIS. The code was
originally in my repo, but I consider it has evolved sufficiently now and
it has also gotten revisions/suggestions from some of you. Hence, I've
decided to move it into addons' repository (
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/pull/372). In this way, I believe it
will get even more revision, testing and hopefully enhancements from the
community. I plan to add a couple more options as well :)

I have followed the example of i.sentinel and i.modis for the creation of
the makefiles and toolset presentation html, so I hope it is ok. I have
also run Pylint and Black over the python files.

It was a rather exciting challenge for me and I have learned a lot in the
process. Thanks Luca and Stefan for your help!!!

Hope you find these tools useful :)

Merry Xmas!
Vero

ps: If no objections, I'll merge the PR on monday 28th (fools day ;)) and
announce it in grass-user