[GRASS-dev] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Reminder GSoC 2020 - Call for ideas and mentors

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue Feb 25 01:27:11 PST 2020

Hi,

Would anybody be interested in proposing a GSoC project on a plotting / data visualisation framework for GRASS GIS and also be willing mentoring it?
I would be thinking of library functions (e.g. for use in Jupyter notebooks or GRASS modules), specific module(s) for generic data visualisation through different sorts of diagrams (violin plots, Sankey, …) from vector attribute table or one or more raster maps, or even interactive displays from attribute table or raster map(s)).
I could imagine to co-mentor as a more-than-averagely-interested user, but I feel the need for a really code-savvy main-mentor.
The project could provide useful experience for students, give GRASS more user-friendly functions/modules for data visualisation and should be manageable in the available time…

Cheers
Stefan