[GRASS-dev] Source code layout reorganization for G8

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 02:34:00 PDT 2020

Hello list,
as G8 release is a great opportunity to break things, we could
reorganize our source code directory layout. At the moment we have
docker together with documentation and library intermingled with
MS-Windows for MacOSX. Bringing to a separate thread from "where to
make compiling instructions available"
https://www.mail-archive.com/grass-dev@lists.osgeo.org/msg59974.html

I have created an initial proposal page in Trac (linked to GRASS 8
planning page): https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/G8SourceLayout

Feel free to express your opinion — is it worth? How the new directory
layout should look like? Any technical restrictions?

Yes, it would break history, scripts, Make files = no fun. But if we
don't do it now, we'll be stuck till G9 release.

Waiting for feedback,
Māris.