[GRASS-dev] v.what.strds: timestamp column

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 13:49:59 PDT 2020

Hi Martin,

Afaik, v.what.strds is just a wrapper for v.what.rast for all the maps in
the raster time series. It does not consider the column time in the vector.
Then there's t.vect.what.strds that uses a space-time vector data set
(STVDS) to query a STRDS, but in my opinion to create a STVDS is a bit of a
hassle (one vector map per date).

The only module that I'm aware of that takes a vector with dates to query a
STRDS is Luca's add-on t.rast.what.aggr (
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/addons/t.rast.what.aggr.html), but
it's aim is to get aggregates before or after the dates provided in the
vector.

HTH,
Vero