[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 7.8.3

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat May 2 12:25:48 PDT 2020

Hi,

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 12:21 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> I have tagged GRASS 7.8.3RC2 and uploaded the source code tarball to the server:

[...]

> TODO
> * final check before hopefully promoting RC2 to final
> * update: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/7.8.3-News

Ok, I have copied the changes into:
 https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/7.8.3-News

As this copy-pasting with *editing* is taking a lot of time, please:

@devs: use meaningful PR/commit messages ("module: short change")!
Otherwise all the unclear PRs have to opened and guessed what had been
done.

Bonus: I have added a macro "PR:" to trac so that pull requests can be
easily referred to - see above news page.

> * please test RC2!
>
> Congrats to all contributors [1]
>
> Best,
> Markus
>
> [1] still wanted: is there a way in GH to identify them?

Cheers,
Markus