[GRASS-dev] Automatic/CI compilation on macOS

Nicklas Larsson n_larsson at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 02:02:37 PDT 2020

Vaclav,

The "grass-conda" build repo has the potential to be able to automatically (e.g. with GitHub Artefact) create release packages. I’m working on eliminating/limiting the number of patches needed.
Initially I was thinking in lines of creating a repo under https://github.com/OSGeo, but a slimmed down version (of "grass-conda") could also be incorporated in GRASS source repo.

A conda based Mac build test on CI wouldn’t hurt, but in my experience the major difference (vs. Linux, Win)  lies in GUI, which is not tested.

Re: python executable – on mac python needs to be installed as framework, else "RuntimeError: Python is not installed as a framework.” The python.app is a workaround/wrapper for that, as conda installs standard unix-like python.

Cheers,
Nicklas