[GRASS-dev] Management of signature files

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 22:38:37 PDT 2021

Hello Veronica.
Thank you for your reply.

> There are 3 add-ons that Luca wrote at OSGeo code sprint in Bonn 2018:
> i.signature.copy, i.signature.list, i.signature.remove.
> Would they be of help for any of the options proposed?

These are only band-aids for current situation.
i.signature.copy is dangerous to use – one has to be certain that
raster map order in REF files of both groups match. If one group has
different order, it still will copy over signature file without
complaints (think – use data of green band to analyse content of red
band).
i.signature.list only lists signatures of type sig but ignores sigset
– nothing to see here.

Thank you for this comment, but it is more about what we call "doing
the right thing" than how to implement it.

> In any case, thanks for your impressive work!

Its not over yet.

> Cheers,
> Vero

Māris.