[GRASS-dev] [SoC] GSoC 2021 - Parallelization of raster modules for GRASS GIS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Aug 10 06:30:12 PDT 2021

Hi Aaron,

I haven't had the chance to test all this, yet, but it's great work ! One suggestion:

Le 9 août 2021 14:44:43 GMT+02:00, Aaron Saw Min Sern <aaronsms at u.nus.edu> a écrit :
>Hi everyone,
>
>Week 9 has concluded and here's my report for this week.
>
>1) What did I get done this week?
>
>r.univar [https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/<https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1771>1634]
>
>  *   Refactor previous implementation
>
>r.series [https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/17<https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1767>76]
>
>  *   Implement parallelization
>
>Implementation for r.patch is yet to be completed.
>
>2) What do I plan on doing next week?
>
>  *   Finish implementing r.patch parallelization
>  *   Write documentation on manual pages for each of the modules that have been implemented
>Specifically, a section titled "Performance" to include user parameters for parallel processing and expected behavior and issues.
>     *   r.univar
>     *   r.mfilter
>     *   r.neighbors
>     *   r.slope.aspect
>     *   r.resamp.filter
>     *   r.resamp.interp
>     *   r.series
>     *   r.patch
>  *   Include a wiki page on the general OpenMP implementation and the benchmark results of each module
>
>Please let me know if there are any ideas for better documentation. Thanks!

I don't know what you plan on including in this wiki page, but if there is some sort of boiler plate code that could be used for parallelization of other modules, it would be great to have that somewhere, with detailed comments about each part does and what potential issues are.

Moritz