[GRASS-dev] PR workflow fails due to ubuntu-20.04

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 05:52:09 PST 2021

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 7:39 AM Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> most of the workflows in my latest PR are queued because of [1]. Any
> idea what could be wrong? `ubuntu-20.04` is defined in [2].

The first link leads me to "Python Flake8 Code Quality" (flake8), but since
you are mentioning ubuntu-20.04, that job (although ubuntu-18.04 too) fails
with timeout after 6 hours (GitHub job max time). There are some issues
with tests that sometimes they get stuck. I was not able to determine the
reason from the results. It always seems to be a different test.

If someone wants to investigate more or add some time checks to gunittest
to mitigate this right there that would be great. I can provide reviews or
some other help. Adding a time limit (timeout-minutes [1]) to the job would
at least resolve the issue of unnecessary job running.

As for the many jobs for PRs being queued, that's now pretty much standard
in times which seem to be Western hemisphere working hours. I think the 20
concurrent jobs limit [2] applies to the whole OSGeo org.

Let me know if this addresses your question or not. Nothing wrong with your
code. The jobs are finished or running at the time of writing this email.

Best,
Vashek

[1]
https://docs.github.com/en/actions/learn-github-actions/workflow-syntax-for-github-actions#jobsjob_idtimeout-minutes