[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8.0.0

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Dec 18 01:48:08 PST 2021

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 6:34 PM Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Huge +1!!!
>
> But... we have 3 blocker PRs: https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A8.0.0+label%3Ablocker
> - #2011 seems ready to merge I think

... meanwhile merged.

> - #1927 rename gui tabs seems also ready (discussion about changing module -> tool everywhere in the code base should happen in a separate issue/PR)

... meanwhile merged.

> - #1892 utils/mkhtml.py: fix get and set addon manual page source and history URL link <<-- more work required according to Tomas, also it is related to PR #615 in the addons repo

... still open. Vaclav suggests therein that this be not considered as
a blocker.

> So, I believe the last one seems the only one remaining, no?

Or, nothing blocking remaining. @All - please remember that we talk
about RC1, not final.

The other related open tickets which are no showstoppers for RC1 are found here:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/milestone/4

Cheers,
Markus