[GRASS-dev] Min. req. of programming language standard support, GRASS GIS 8

Nicklas Larsson n_larsson at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 04:29:10 PST 2021

 Moritz,

I'd be honoured!
I will put it on GRASS Wiki [1] if you don't have another suggestion and notify here when done.

Best,
Nicklas

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC

     On Thursday, 11 February 2021, 12:54:30 CET, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

 On 10/02/21 13:16, Nicklas Larsson wrote:
> It would be most favourable for all contributors and the project if the
> community could come to an agreement on this topic. I see no reason to
> postpone a decision on this much longer.
>
> The final word on this need to be that of the PSC's. Whether through
> simple vote or a RFC. However, a sounding of the opinion of the
> dev-community on this matter is of equal importance and can be of help
> for the PSC.

Thanks a lot, Nicklas, for this very comprehensive summary !

A suggestion made at the first meeting of the new PSC was to use this
discussion as a use case for a more extensive usage of RFC's to put
important decisions into more permanent documents than mailing list
archives and to provoke a formal decision as you suggest. Would you be
willing to write a first draft of such an RFC ?

Moritz