[GRASS-dev] stream from grass is inconsistent with streams from ArcGIS

ming han dustming at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 07:23:38 PST 2021

Hi Everyone

    I just notice that streams from GRASS are inconsistent with streams
obtained from ArcGIS sometimes, when there is a flat or low slope dem
region such as lakes.

    As shown in the following figure, there is a sharp turn from streams
derived from GRASS.

    I love GRASS and I am a GRASS user, I am asking this because the DEM
that I am using is MERIT hydrological pre-conditioned DEM. I guess they are
using ArcGIS.

    I just want to get a consistent stream network with the stream
network provided by MERIT.

    Is there any solution for this?

Many thanks
Ming