[GRASS-dev] minor tweak to new website

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Fri Jan 15 08:35:43 PST 2021

On the new download pages, I just noticed that the dev versions are referenced like this:

GRASS GIS 7.9 devel (unstable)

This implies that GRASS 7.9 is risky and perhaps minimally useable. The reality is that it works very well but has some new features that might be buggy or might change. While we want to indicate these differences from the current stable version, we don’t want to discourage people from trying it (and reporting any issues).

I suggest that we reference it as

GRASS GIS 7.9 devel (development)

Or

GRASS GIS 7.9 devel (preview)

Michael
______________________________
C. Michael Barton
Director, Network for Computational Modeling in Social & Ecological Sciences
Associate Director, School of Complex Adaptive Systems
Professor, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: http://shesc.asu.edu,
https://complexity.asu.edu,
http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton