[GRASS-dev] Week 5: Improved Integration of GRASS GIS and Jupyter Notebooks

Caitlin Haedrich caitlin.haedrich at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 18:52:12 PDT 2021

Hello all,

Here is a weekly update on my project, Improved Integration of GRASS GIS
and Jupyter Notebooks. You can find more details about the project on the
wiki page [1].

1) What did I accomplish this week?

   - This week, I spent most of my time improving and editing a new class
   called `InteractiveMap` to display vectors interactively with folium. You
   can test the current functionality in Binder [2].
   - I had a productive meeting with my mentor, Vaclav Petras on Thursday.
   We discussed several things that I was a little stuck on and had questions
   about.
   - Updated `grass.jupyter` demonstration Notebook [2].
   - Resolved merge conflicts with master - now, the interactive and
   non-interactive classes are functional together [3].
   - Found unexpected behavior in the legend display. Calling
   folium.map.LayerControl() adds a legend to the map but also seems to
   prevent further modification of the map.

2) What do I plan to do next week?

   - Meet with my mentors tomorrow.
   - GSoC Evaluations.
   - Finish and merge interactive vector methods.
   - Begin interactive maps for rasters.

3) Am I blocked on anything?

   - No, I'm not currently blocked on anything.

Feedback, comments, questions and ideas welcome!

Best,
Caitlin