[GRASS-dev] [SoC] GSoC 2021 - Parallelization of raster modules for GRASS GIS

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 09:36:06 PDT 2021

Hello Aaron,

> Hi everyone,

> 2) What do I plan on doing next week?
>
>   *   Complete rework of r.neighbors implementation
>   *   Compare benchmark between the two implementations

To make most impact of your GSoC I strongly support your idea of
getting your implementations right. Better to have fewer modules
parallelized than having unstable code in them and thus risking
potential removal of the parallel code.
Anna was testing your code in r.mfilter and it was failing for her.
You should look into it as similar problem could also affect your work
in r.neighbors.

Good luck & keep up good work,
Māris.