[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8: create new release branch

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 01:28:34 PDT 2021

> From what has the milestone 8.0 and is not mentioned below and is major, I
> see only #1454 and #1501 which are related to band references. Maybe we
> should again consider reverting the band references in order to get 8.0 out
> or how do you see the status of #1454 and #1501, Martin and Maris?
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/milestone/4
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1454
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1501

For #1454 the main remaining (and unsolvable) issue is semantics of a
mapset layout and its management functions. I just commited a more
clean workaround and thus it should be ready for a merge. A proper
solution will have to wait for GRASS 9 when we could reorganize mapset
structure and thus also clean-up naming, handling functions etc.

Māris.