[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2021: Week 3: First steps towards a new GRASS GIS Single-Window GUI

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sun Jun 27 01:23:43 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I am sending my Week 3 report (June 21 - June 27), you can also find it in
the project wiki: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2021/
SingleWindowLayout#Week
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2021/SingleWindowLayout#Week3)3
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2021/SingleWindowLayout#Week3).

What did I complete during the second week?

In order to add Map Display to the notebook widget, we need to have it in
the form of wx.Panel. This week I worked quite hard on the main refactoring
PR (see ​(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1656)[1]). The core lies in
adding the intermediate wx.Panel widget. However, this PR influences quite
many things much more than we first expected. I am changing the way how Map
Display is built which has an impact on single map display stuff as well as
double frame stuff. So that, this PR also requires very intense testing
since all things then go straight to the master - adapting the independent
Single-Window GUI environment is planned to be another step forward.

What am I going to achieve for next week?

I plan to finish the refactoring of Map Display related stuff (see [1]) and
test this PR very intensively.

Is there any blocking issue?

No, it is not. However, next week on Saturday I am going on four day holiday
to Slovakia. I hope I will be able to merge this big refactoring PR by
Friday.

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1675
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1675)

Any suggestions are welcome. :-)