[GRASS-dev] GSoC Week 3: Improved Integration of GRASS GIS and Jupyter Notebook
caitlin.haedrich at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 17:43:25 PDT 2021
Here is a brief update on what I accomplished during Week 3 of Google
Summer of Code for the new GRASS library *grass.jupyter*. Per usual, you
can find more updates on the wiki page . I have also started posting
links to Binder Jupyter Notebooks in each PR if you would like to try any
of the features and functions I've been working on.
*1. What did I accomplish this week?*
- Edited and discussed functions for displaying non-interactive maps in
- Drafted an interactive display function for rasters with folium .
- Made a few minor edits to the example_notebook.ipynb that is linked in
the README .
*2.What do I plan on doing next week?*
- I have a meeting planned with my mentors.
- I will continue working on interactive functions for Jupyter. In
particular, I'm working on passing GRASS rasters to folium.
- I'll begin writing functions for displaying GRASS vectors with folium.
*3. Am I blocked on anything?*
- I'm not blocked at the moment. But, I have been working on finding a
good way to pass raster data between GRASS and Jupyter and I'm not sure my
current method is particularly fast or robust . Luckily, I have a
meeting tomorrow with my mentors where we will discuss this.
Any suggestions and feedback are welcome!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the grass-dev