[GRASS-dev] Failing addon releasebranch_7_8 (Python 3.6) pipeline

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 18:15:22 PDT 2021

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 7:39 AM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Executing <python3 -m grass.gunittest.main --grassdata /home/runner
> --location nc_spm_full_v2alpha2 --location-type nc --min-success 60>
> generate_manpage_images from ./vector/v.stream.order failed
> test_stream_order from ./vector/v.stream.order failed (2 tests failed)
> test_pygbif_import from ./vector/v.in.pygbif failed (3 tests failed)
> test_v_db_pyupdate from ./vector/v.db.pyupdate failed (2 tests failed)
> r3_forestfrag_trivial from ./raster3d/r3.forestfrag failed (1 test failed)
> test_whatcsv from ./temporal/t.rast.whatcsv failed (1 test failed)
> test_whataggr from ./temporal/t.rast.what.aggr failed (6 tests failed)
> test_gpot from ./raster/r.green/r.green.gshp/libgshp failed
> test_numbers from ./raster/r.sample.category failed
> r_extract_test from ./raster/r.extract failed (2 tests failed)
> r_object_geometry_test from ./raster/r.object.geometry failed (2 tests
> failed)
> test_base_resolution from ./raster/r.in.pdal failed
> r_forestfrag_trivial from ./raster/r.forestfrag failed (1 test failed)
> r_forestfrag_xy from ./raster/r.forestfrag failed (1 test failed)
> test_append from ./raster/r.learn.ml2 failed

Looking at all commits [1], it fails only sometimes although it seems
really only in the releasebranch_7_8 (Python 3.6) combo. By comparing the
lists of failing tests in Meld, I identified that the fluctuating test is
r_forestfrag_xy from ./raster/r.forestfrag failed. Resolving that, or
fixing any other failing test (test file to be exact) will stabilize the
success rate above 60% and resolve this issue without lowering the rate or
introducing separate success rates for each combo at this point.

> Does anyone know why it fails in the releasebranch_7_8 (Python 3.6)
> pipeline but works in releasebranch_7_8 (Python 3.8)?

This would be good of course good to investigate...

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/commits/master