[GRASS-dev] fuzzy clumping using r.clump in QGIS

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon May 3 08:06:13 PDT 2021

Hi Paulo,

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 12:36 AM Paulo van Breugel

> Hi devs,
>
> Not sure this should go to the QGIS mailing list instead.

This one is fine :)

> The grass gis r.clump function in QGIS does not include the threshold value as far as I can see. Do you know if this is intentionally, and if not, if it would be difficult to add?

I suppose that there was no purpose to omit it.
Adding it might be easy, by editing

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/description/r.clump.txt

and proposing the change as a new pull request (happens upon saving).

Perhaps best is to first edit the local file (on my Linux box here):
/usr/share/qgis/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/description/r.clump.txt
and make tests, then submit the working change.

Best,
Markus

PS: A "threshold" you find e.g. in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/description/r.watershed.txt
but the wording should follow that of r.clump.