[GRASS-dev] GSoC Introduction: GRASS and Jupyter Notebooks

Caitlin Haedrich caitlin.haedrich at gmail.com
Mon May 24 14:25:52 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

My name is Caitlin Haedrich and I'm one of the OSgeo Google Summer of Code
participants. I'm a first year PhD student in Geospatial Analytics at North
Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC. You can read more about my
background and interests on my website [1].

This summer, I'll be working on improving the integration of GRASS GIS and
Jupyter Notebooks. I'm proposing a new python library, 'grass.jupyter',
that will contain functions for:
* initiating GRASS sessions in Jupyter
* displaying maps in a more intuitive way (wrapping 'd.erase' and other
required modules into one function)
* displaying interactive maps with folium

You can read more about the project in my proposal [2] and follow my
progress on the project wiki page [3].  I'd love to hear any ideas or
feedback you have for the project.

Lastly, I'd like to thank OSGeo and Google for giving me this opportunity.
I'm really looking forward to working with you all this summer and being
part of the OSGeo community.

Best,
Caitlin

[1] https://chaedri.github.io/