[GRASS-dev] Branch for 8.0 release created

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:03:35 PST 2021

Dear all,

As decided at the PSC meeting on Friday, I have created a new branch for
the 8.0 release. This means that:

1) We are close to 8.0 RC 1.

2) Version 8 specific bug fixes need to be backported from main to
releasebranch_8_0.

3) If we plan another bug fix release of 7.8, bug fixes relevant to both
8.0 and 7.8 need to be backported also to 7.8 at least until the release of
8.0.

4) Docker images are now built for the 8.0 branch too (I changed the
workflow settings). (Open issues/PRs if this doesn't work.)

4) Larger changes such as single window and raster parallelization GSoC
projects can now be merged into the main branch.

In the following days, I will create a new branch for addons called grass8.
However, the transition there will be a longer process and I will need some
support in updating all the related workflows.

Best,
Vaclav

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/tree/releasebranch_8_0