[GRASS-dev] strange problem using v.out.ogr

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:44:34 PST 2021

Michael,

I get the same error when trying to export a vector map to shapefile using
v.out.ogr. I daily build the main branch myself for OSGeo4W v1 (GDAL 3.1.4)
on Windows [1]. It used to work fine before (cannot remember exactly when).
My daily cross-compiled version using GDAL 2.2.4 still works fine [2]. It
could be a GDAL 3 issue or a GRASS-GDAL 3 compatibility issue? Maybe, it's
worth trying our official Windows release...

[1] https://idea.isnew.info/how-to-compile-grass-gis-on-ms-windows.html
[2]
https://idea.isnew.info/how-to-cross-compile-grass-gis-for-ms-windows.html

Best,
Huidae

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 7:23 PM Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
wrote:

> Using a very recently compiled GRASS 7.9
>
> I imported a gpkg vector area. This went fine AFAICT. It imported into the
> correct location. (ETRS89 Zone 30)
>
> I want to export it to shapefile format.
>
> When I try to export it to *any* format, I get the following error:
>
> ERROR 10: Pointer 'hSRS' is NULL in 'OSRImportFromWkt'.
> ERROR: Unable to create OGR spatial reference
>
> I've checked the projection info and it seems fine and does not raise any
> error or warning. I tried exporting a map from the NC demo data and it
> exported fine.
>
> Any idea what is wrong?
>
> Michael
> _____________________________
> C. Michael Barton
> Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Director, Network for Computational Modeling in Social & Ecological
> Sciences
> Associate Director, School of Complex Adaptive Systems
> Professor, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
> Arizona State University
> Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
> USA
>
> voice: 480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
> fax: 480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
> www: http://shesc.asu.edu, https://complexity.asu.edu,
> http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

Huidae Cho, Ph.D., GISP, /hidɛ t͡ɕo/, 조희대, 曺喜大
GRASS GIS Developer
https://idea.isnew.info/