[GRASS-dev] [gdal-dev] Moving GDAL GRASS driver in a dedicated repository ?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 12:50:51 PST 2021

Hi Even,

IMHO it has been a bit of a luxury that the GDAL GRASS driver was allowed
to exist as a regular GDAL supported format within frmts/grass. With every
new release of GDAL, you (the GDAL maintainers) also released a separate
new GDAL GRASS driver which was really nice of you!

Considering the workaround for this circular dependency, I agree that a
dedicated repository makes sense.

I personally don't use the GDAL GRASS driver at all (I just try to maintain
it), but I am aware that a number of projects use the GDAL GRASS driver.
Feedback from any affected projects would be helpful.

Markus M