[GRASS-dev] nc_spm_08_grass8?

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 13:09:54 PDT 2021

Hi Anna, all

Good point! Thanks for raising this!

Seems we are all trying to better understand band references and how they
integrate with existing functionality :)  In
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1844/ we discuss temporal framework and
band references.

Indeed, we have a problem if all examples using Landsat will stop working
in grass 8, so if this is the case, then we might need a new version of the
sample data which by the way might also include the MODIS LST mapset (~10
Mb) to do some time series stuff.

In my opinion, band reference should be something optional, no? On the
other hand, I think I understood from Maris that with r.support we could
add band references and that the restrictions were relaxed but these
changes are not yet documented. There's this thread:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2021-September/095377.html

Band references need some further discussion IMHO

my 2 cents
Vero