[GRASS-dev] Release of 7.8.6 ?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Sep 22 23:51:31 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

Colleagues of mine are being bitten by https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/1793 while teaching. It seems that wxpython 4.1 is becoming more widespread and so more and more people seem victim to this.

I was unaware of this bug. IMHO it probably should have warranted a quick release just for that solution, as it makes calling the module GUIs difficult, so basically rendering GRASS GIS useless for people who depend on the GUI.

So, where are we at with the release of 7.8.6 ? At the meeting last week we said it should be released ASAP. Anything some of us can do to speed the process ?

Moritz