[GRASS-dev] Reasons for GDAL dynamic library load in code?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 07:09:15 PDT 2022

Given that the original motivation is unknown and that we would not do the
same now, i.e., we would treat GDAL as any other library, it seems we can
go ahead.

The only reason I can think of is GRASS driver for GDAL which introduces a
cyclic dependency, but if anything is needed, it is perhaps solved in GDAL.