[GRASS-dev] new pull request against Grass7 addon

Francesco Geri francescogeri at tim.it
Thu Feb 10 01:48:31 PST 2022

Hello,
in these days I'm working to upload the new addon r.forcircular to the addon repo of Grass 8.
I need to create a new pull request against Grass7.
If I understood the indications on contributing.md file I have to do:

clone another copy of addon repository in a new local folder: git clone git at github.com:fra-lab/grass-addons.git
Make a checkout of Grass7: git checkout grass7
and create a new branch with: git checkout -b new-feature
But (maybe a trivial question, sorry in advance...) I need to call the new branch with a different name respect the new branch of Grass8?
I'm afraid that in the menu of branch in github if I call both branch with the same name then I don't recognize the correct branch anymore. Maybe I can call the new branch r.forcircular7 for the new pull request against Grass7?
Thanks in advance.
Francesco