[GRASS-dev] grass.jupyter Mini Project: Week 4 Recap

Caitlin Haedrich caitlin.haedrich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 14:26:33 PST 2022

Hi all,

Here's an update on what I've been working on over the last two weeks for
my Mini Project on improving grass.jupyter. Per usual, you can find more
details about the project and a copy of this report at [1].

*1) What did I accomplish over the past two weeks?*

   -
   - Took a week off to catch up on other work
   - Made minor edits, cleaned-up and wrote docstrings for TimeSeries
   visualizations [2]
   - Addressed visualizations issues with datasets that have varying time
   steps [2]
   - Started improving GRASS-folium integration for interactive mapping by
   restructuring interact_display.py and adding classes that can be passed to
   folium [3]

You can test it out the TimeSeries visualizations (animate and time_slider)
in Binder [4]

*2) What do I plan to do next week?*

   - Work on cleaning up temporary files created by grass.jupyter
   - Region handling for InteractiveMap (as you can see in the Binder link
   [4], the map is no longer automatically zoomed to the computation region)
   - Docstrings, comments, cleanup interact_display.py
   - Update grass_jupyter Notebook to include GRASS-folium example
   - Begin functions for viewing vector attributes in Pandas

*3) Am I blocked on anything?*

   - No, I'm not currently blocked on anything.

Feedback, thoughts and comments welcome!

Have a great week,
Caitlin

[1]
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2021/JupyterAndGRASS/MiniGrant2022