[GRASS-dev] grass.jupyter Mini Project Update

Caitlin Haedrich caitlin.haedrich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 16:59:51 PDT 2022

Hi grass-devs and grass-users,

I'm just sending out an update on my GRASS Mini Project on improving
grass.jupyter. Per usual, you can find more details about the project and a
copy of this report at [1].

*1) What have I accomplished since my last update?*

   - I continue to have regular meetings with Vashek Petras. This past week
   we discussed how to decrease the rendering time for TimeSeries objects and
   using the pytest package for writing tests.
   - Wrote tests for TimeSeries [2]
   - Took a week off for our Spring Break.

*2) What do I plan to do next week?*

   - Write test for [3]
   - Merge existing pull requests [2, 3]

*3) Am I blocked on anything?*

   - One thing Vashek Petras and I have been discussing is the naming of
   classes and methods in grass.jupyter. With the release of 8.2 coming up,
   we're hoping to produce a relatively stable API and want to solicit some
   feedback and ideas on naming conventions so they could be changed, if
   needed, before the release. I've opened an Issue on GitHub [4] but feel
   free to reply here as well.

Feedback, thoughts and comments welcome!

Have a great week,
Caitlin

[1]
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2021/JupyterAndGRASS/MiniGrant2022