[GRASS-dev] Add EODAG Support | GSoC 2024 - Week 4

Hamed A. Elgizery hamedashraf2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 04:09:16 PDT 2024

Hello everyone,

Here is my weekly report for week #4, adding EODAG support to GRASS GIS,
GSoC 2024.

   1.

   What did I get done this week?

   -

   Removed the Pandas dependency after agreeing that removing unnecessary
   dependencies would make the module lighter.
   -

   Added sorting for the search results by “Cloud Cover” & “Ingestion Date”.
   -

   Added filtering for the search results using EODAG crunch [1], currently
   supported methods of filtering:
   -

      Start/End dates.
      -

      Cloud Cover.
      -

      Area Relation (contains - intersects - within).
      -

      Minimum overlap (Percentage of AOI covered by the scene).
      -

   Added Docstring for the module functions.
   -

   All the above changes can be found here [2].
   -

   Attended – online – and gave a brief presentation about the i.eodag
   module, for the GRASS Community Meeting Prague 2024 [3].
   -

   The testsuite is currently drafted, as it will be edited further when
   adding more features. The draft PR can be found here [4].

   2.

   What do I plan on doing next week?

   -

   Extend the query parameters.
   -

   Test the module and look into the products that might need case handling.
   -

   Add a way to get credentials on runtime (esp. Creodias [5] as it
   requires OTP for authentication).

   3.

   Am I blocked on anything?

   -

   I am not currently blocked by anything.

Best regards,

Hamed A. Elgizery

[1] https://eodag.readthedocs.io/en/latest/plugins_reference/crunch.html

[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/pull/1104

[3] GRASS Community Meeting Prague 2024 - GRASS-Wiki
<https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Community_Meeting_Prague_2024#Monday,_June_17>

[4] https://github.com/HamedElgizery/grass-addons/pull/11

[5] https://creodias.eu/