[GRASS-dev] Add EODAG Support | GSoC 2024 - Week 5

Hamed A. Elgizery hamedashraf2004 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 14:48:17 PDT 2024

Hello everyone,

Here is my weekly report for week #5, adding EODAG support to GRASS GIS,
GSoC 2024.

   1. What did I get done this week?

   - Added the “query” option, to allow extra search parameters [1].
   - Added the “print” option allowing the listing of all relevant EODAG
   metadata [1]:
      - Current EODAG configuration.
      - Available products.
      - Available products for a given provider.
      - Available providers.
      - Available providers that offer a specific product.
      - Queryables for a given provider and/or product. Note: Queryables
      from this list can be used in the query option.
   - Added the “footprint” option to save the found scenes footprints in a
   vector map, with the name given in the “footprint” option [2].
   - Added options to save/print results in JSON format [3].

       2. What do I plan on doing next week?

   - Continue working on adding a way to get credentials on runtime, as I
   haven’t received access to Creodias yet.
   - Merging the above-mentioned PRs, after further discussions with
   mentors.
   - Further testing and edge cases handling.

        3. Am I blocked on anything?

   - I am not currently blocked by anything.

Best regards,

Hamed A. Elgizery

[1] https://github.com/HamedElgizery/grass-addons/pull/15

[2] https://github.com/HamedElgizery/grass-addons/pull/13