[GRASSGUI] wx.lib.floatcanvas

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Aug 19 15:50:54 EDT 2006

I'm trying out posting to the GrassGUI list and wanted to show this to you
all. I just stumbled on to it. It is a new wxPython module aimed directly at
drawing maps in various coordinate systems. It even has a special toolbar
for zooming/panning.

We should probably switch to this. If I had known about it a couple weeks
back, it would have saved me hours of work as it has built in buffered
drawing.

http://www.wxpython.org/docs/api/wx.lib.floatcanvas-module.html

Also, there is a new module for OGL drawing. These are vector objects that
can be manipulated.

Finally, I found a DrawXXXList class that will draw various shapes from a
list of coordinates.

One of these latter may be very good for a new way to render vectors.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213