[GRASSGUI] how to deal with *args,**kwds

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Apr 10 00:15:44 EDT 2007

While I understand the underlying concept, I¹ve never been able to get the
*args, **kwargs structure to work for me.

I¹m trying to change the custom select control I made and working with a
popup control as an alternative to the combo control I used before.

It begins with the following syntax and I¹d like to pass a couple other
arguments (at least ³type²) to the class. Here is the syntax.

    def __init__(self,*_args,**_kwargs):
apply(pop.PopupControl.__init__,(self,) + _args,_kwargs) How can I pass
Œtype¹ here? Where do I put it?

Note that I¹m unconvinced that this will fix the weird problem of the
expanded tree node in the current select control preventing some systems
from adding additional layers in the GIS Manager.

Thanks
Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University