[GRASSGUI] need to decide on fix for map display toolbars

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Jul 29 18:03:06 EDT 2007

Martin,

Before we go much further with the digitization module, we need to decide
how to fix the invisible tool bar control bug.

You cannot see a control (e.g., combo box) that is not a button on an AUI
toolbar on a Mac. This is a known bug in wxPython and wxWidgets but it now
clear when or if it will be fixed.  This makes all digitization and any
other toolbar called from a combo box completely invisible and inaccessible.

AFAICT, the only work arounds are: 1) change the tool bar so that it is not
AUI managed any more, 2 call different tool bars in another way, or 3)
switch to something like a button bar instead of a toolbar to manage the
buttons and other controls.

Do you have a preference as to how to go about this?

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University