[GRASSGUI] can't dock map display with AUI

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Jun 9 12:59:19 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> What I don't know is if you can get these to dock as toolbars into a child
> window (i.e., a map display window), or only in the main window.

AFAICT, you can manage any wxFrame with a wxAuiManager, and you can
add any widget as a child.

However, it has just occurred to me that wxAUI isn't as general as it
could be. AFAICT, you're limited to one level of docking, e.g. you
can't have a map display which can be undocked from the main window
and also have components which can be undocked from the map display.

Is that what you're referring to?

If this is the case, I would be inclined to give up on wxAUI and
implement the docking functionality manually using
wx.Window.Reparent().