[GRASSGUI] graphic overlays

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sat Mar 24 13:26:10 EDT 2007

I want to suggest that most or all graphic overlays be done via wxPython
rather than using GRASS d.* commands.

These are: north arrow, scale, grid (and geodetic lines maybe), and text.
We¹ll need someone to design some nice (and GRASS distinctive) north arrows
and scales.

I suggest that these be accessed through an item or items (popup checkbox
menu?) on the map display tool bar, rather than having them added as layers.
They should be able to be turned on and off of course, as well as being
positioned with a mouse (the latter will be much easier if they are wxPython
graphic objects). Each will need it¹s own dialog with options, but that
shouldn¹t be too difficult to do.

Vector labels could go either way<as something done from the map display
tool bar or as an independent layer.

Other opinions?

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity