[GRASSGUI] FW: gem on macintel

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon May 21 15:55:19 EDT 2007

A note about wget - this isn't a standard part of OS X, so unless it
is installed by the user, GEM will fail on OSX.  I made a request for
r.in.wms for the same issue, to provide an alternate use of curl,
which IS a part of the standard OSX installation.  This would remove
another oddball dependency in OSX, and maybe other platforms where
the system includes one or the other but not both.

On May 21, 2007, at 1:38 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Forwarded for Agustin.
>> Michael,
>> I can't send this to grassgui, can you forwarded? Sorry and thanks
>> I can't reproduce that on Macintel
>> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish):~ > wget -c http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/
>> dateienDucke/RasterTools.tar.gz <http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/
>> dateienDucke/RasterTools.tar.gz>

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy