[GRASS-GUI] Re: [GRASSGUI] wxgrass wishes: have 1 GUI window instead of many

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 01:50:30 EST 2007

Hi Trevor and others.

I always raised my hand for having the GUI completely manageable from
command line. When I started to work on wxgrass, I tried hard to have
the map windows independent on the manager windows. Set of command line
commands was provided, which where wrappers for raster and vector
commands -- see
https://grasssvn.itc.it/grasssvn/grassaddons/trunk/grassaddons/gui/scripts/#_trunk_grassaddons_gui_scripts_
 for examples. I used temporary files for the communication, because of
AFAIK, there are problems with sockets on non-unix platforms (correct
me, if I'm wrong).

Sorry, I'm not as involved in GRASS development, as I was before (I hope
to return once). But Trevor, feel free to update/write from scratch this
feature. I'm sure, we two are not the only ones, who would like to have
new nice Wx GRASS monitors, manageable from command line.

Jachym

Trevor Wiens píše v Út 27. 11. 2007 v 16:19 -0700:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:54:17 -0700
> Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at gmail.com