[GRASS-GUI] creating RGB problems

andy-1 at ukr.net andy-1 at ukr.net
Thu Mar 18 22:13:31 EDT 2010

I use GRASS GIS 6.4Osvn (2010) and wxGUI.

I imported a satellite photo jpg to GRASS. I used:

g.region res=1
r.in.gdal -o c:/temp/google.jpg out=a

a.red, a.green, a.blue files were created. I can see them (in grey color) in
GRASS GIS Layer Manager.

But when I use:

Add various raster-based map layers -> Add RGB layer

or

Raster -> Manage map colors -> Create RGB

(I tried 32, 256 levels)

GRASS GIS Layer Manager does not show any results.
Even more in output raster map
Number of Categories: 0

It seems something is wrong with Color table for output raster map.

Can you please advise what to do. Might be I need some additional flags in

r.composite red="a.red at PERMANENT" green="a.green at PERMANENT"
blue="a.blue at PERMANENT" levels=256 lev_red=256 lev_green=256 lev_blue=256
output="aaaa"