[GRASS-PSC] Open issues

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 12:44:15 EST 2006

On 12/7/06, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2006, at 6:32 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Dear PSC,
> >
> > my list of pressing open issues is as follows:
> > a) chair motion to be completed;
> > b) RFC1 (PSC) modification and adoption (merge all the comments into
> > the document);
> > c) RFC2  (Legal) adoption
> > d) CVS write access to S. Pallecchi and R. Antolin
> >
> > I feel that we can do at least a), c) and d) pretty fast.
>
> it looks like at this moment
> a) is done

Right, chair motion is done, announcement is needed.

> b) waits for Paul to include his edits - Markus, please put it up for
> vote when you think it is ready

I have put RFC1 onto our new agenda:
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/PSC

> c) should we vote again on this (I think we have voted on some
> version of it already)

RFC2  (Legal) is also done and announced.

> d) we need summary of votes for this to see whether we still need
> more people to vote.

S. Pallecchi: TODO (see other mail)
R. Antolin: granted (see other mail)

> Helena
>
> P.S. In spite of the detailed guidelines in RFC1 the voting still
> isn't quite clear:
> - who initiates the voting process for a given proposal and calls end
> to voting?

I think that any PSC member can put up a motion.

> - who tallies the vote?
> I assume it is the chair? It would be useful to clarify this, especially
> when we need to vote about multiple issues as above.

I would suggest that the person who has set up the motion also
tallies (with chair assistance). This would reduce a bit of workload
for the chair.
All this needs to be documented in RFC1.