[GRASS-PSC] Open issues

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 13:01:56 EST 2006

On 12/6/06, Scott Mitchell <smitch at mac.com> wrote:
> On 6-Dec-06, at 09:50, Markus Neteler wrote:
> >>

> > Due to my workload, I no longer want to be the bottleneck here.
> > Since S. Pallecchi and R. Antolin are able to work with CVS, we should
> > enable them to do so. I am really submitting too much for other
> > people, maybe we can invent a solution here (also merging translation files
> > etc).
> >

> Agreed again.  On the one hand, getting more people committing on
> their own is much better, and now we can do it with policy instead of
> ad-hoc.  On the other hand, for interim solutions / non-regular
> contributors, I am happy to take some of that load - I'm pretty
> confident using cvs (or even svn in the future?) for regular tasks,
> and feel much more secure about process / accountability now that we
> have had / will have discussions on proper licensing and decision
> process.
>
> Hopefully that would help a BIT with your workload -- feel free to
> redirect some of these my way.

Thanks, Scott!

Probably I should iron out some "jobs" such as
- merging translation contributions (msgmerge of .po files)
- invite translators to contribute (ask regularly, find new)
- web page updates (Scott is already managing the mirror page)
- help new CVS committers in the beginning
- merge in user contributions
- many more items

Maybe we need a "jobs" section on the main page?