[GRASS-PSC] Re: [GRASS-dev] FWD Re: [Gdal-dev] GDAL on koders.com

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 16 18:58:57 EST 2006

Scott Mitchell wrote:
> So it SEEMS fine to me from that point of view, BUT I'm not a lawyer,
> and have no idea what a lawyer would think, nor whether, as Markus
> suggests, maybe the language wouldn't be enough to be interpreted as a
> transfer of copyright anyway.
>
> Frank, are you still on this list?  Did you pursue this at all from a
> GDAL/OGR point of view?

Scott,

I did not look into any of this.  To be honest, I only very dimly remember
possibly having submitted GDAL to the koders.com web site.

Copyright cannot be assigned at the click of a button so I don't see that
there is any risk  of an impact on the GDAL code.  If the concern remains,
just have someone with no special rights over the GRASS code do the
submission.

Best regards,