Legal document - was: Re: [GRASS-PSC] Request: CVS Write Access to Serena Pallecchi

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 12:16:19 EST 2006

On 11/28/06, Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 13:02 +1300, Hamish wrote:
> > Brad Douglas wrote:
> > > Looks good.  My only comment is to provide a physical address that is
> > > associated with GRASS.  This is probably required for legality, but
> > > specifically to allow copyright holders to remove themselves as stated
> > > in the new documents.
> > >
> > > I would suggest that the address correspond to the PSC lead.
> >

> > GRASS> g.version -c
> > GRASS 6.3.cvs (2006)
> >
> > Copyright and License Statement
> > Questions regarding GRASS GIS should be directed to the
> > GRASS Development Team at the following address:
> >
> >  GRASS Development Team
> >  ITC-Irst
> >  c/o M. Neteler
> >  SSI/MPA
> >  Via Sommarive, 18
> >  38050 Trento (Povo)
> >  Italy
> >  neteler at itc.it
>
> IMHO, this should be copied into documentation or at least referenced.

I have merged in Hamish's modified sentence and added the address
plus Web reference. See attached "grass_code_contribution_v3.txt'.

While I don't think that I am official PSC chair (am I?), I have added our
address here to save time to get the document done.

Please look at attached document again. If ok, we should upload it
to the GRASS-CVS and then tell the other developers about it for
their comments.

Best,